Monday, March 22, 2010

Healthcare for all!!! Yay Yay Yay Yay!!!

I know there is much work to be done - hurdles, battles, etc etc... but I also have to shout it out - at some point soon I will conceivably be able to buy health insurance for my husband and myself. Coverage that is real. Not the kind with an $8000 deductible.

The insurance companies will not be able to say "No, you have too many issues. We can't cover you, people with actual illness. That might cut into our profit margin!"

We will be able to have coverage. Maybe not for a few years, I know - but the last time something this significant changed it was likely the start of Medicare. Civil rights legislation. Where would we be today if those had not been pushed through? I am hopeful, at least a tiny bit, today. Like I was a year or so ago.

Counter

Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment