Saturday, March 20, 2010

FB Email Internet Hiatus Interruptus?

I half jestingly wrote this yesterday:

"I am on the verge of a FB hiatus..."

And now I can't stop thinking about it. I know a woman, I'd like to call her a friend because she's so cool, although we did not have much close time together, who took this whole year off the internet. She has two young kids, and a husband with a job I think, and she's a writer and director and thinker - and she took a year off. To write and as she stated herself, get some PR spin.

I was just thinking that I should take a month off - then I started not knowing when. I mean, I work for myself right now. I find and do my work online, most of the time. So, I could drop all personal email and FB stuff, right?

But what is personal these days?

I write and perform, and I go see other writers and performers. And I find out about all the stuff, and share all my stuff, on FB.

And I find out about my family, too, on there.

So maybe not a month.

Maybe just a week. I think I could try that.

As an experiment. I want to see how I feel, how I think, if I'm not logging in here and there and everywhere, and chatting virtual chats with virtual friends who are thousands of miles away.

In the Artists Way series, the authors instruct the participants to take a week off of reading. I remember that - it was astonishing.

I'm going to take a week off email and FB and websites and all internet communications - maybe even a week off my computer entirely. I'm not sure when, I do actually have to look at the work calendar for that. But I'll announce, on FB most likely. 'Cause that's what I do these days, it seems.

But I will do it. I think.

I think I can.

I think I can.

I think I can.

Counter

Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment