Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where Does Time Go?

This is a question I almost expect my son to ask someday. He hasn't, yet. But he might.

I'm asking it right now, when I realize I last posted a very long couple of weeks ago.

Where did it go?

Into a Thanksgiving Trip to Arizona, to see family from far and wide;

into loads and loads of work and more work as productions gear up and meetings are held and designs are made and people talk and other people talk and email never stops;

into a trip to SeaWorld's Holiday Night for members - a splurge I made when friends visited in June, memberships for Finn and I... Some (like my husband) may call it cheesy or commercial or crowded - but with a 4 year old, my 4 year old, on my lap listening to carols and the live classical guitarist and watching Shamu and friends leap through the water on a dark, dark night - I call that wonderful;

into a show at The Old Globe, How the Grinch Stole Christmas - again, perhaps cheesy/commercial/crowded to some, and with a song or two that went on a tad too long - but they make it snow inside the theatre, and Finn said in the dark and clapped his hands, and when songs went on too long looked up and me and whispered, "I need see the Grinch" - showing his already well-developed appreciation for complex character over sentimental song.

And into time with Kenny, talking about life and how we want to live it.

That's where Time goes, has gone, for me, over the last few weeks.

And now, it takes me to bed.

I love going to bed. At 9:37pm. Wow.

Counter


Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment