Sunday, November 22, 2009

Super Me

Exhausted, but super. That's me.

I am our primary breadwinner these days, with three clients to write grants for and a project to coordinate. I am taking a writing class. And I am beginning an acting project.

I am our primary parent these days, and I am doing more than I ever have. I make meals and clean up after them, do the laundry, clean the bathroom, care for our son and take him to school and read to him and spell with him and play with him.

I take out the trash and compost and recycling and I sweep the floors.

I build our fires. Two of them so far, the one tonight astonishingly good, if I say so myself.

I care for my husband, who is recovering nicely, but still needs me to pick things up off the floor and take off/put on his t.e.d. hose (such fun) and make most of his meals.

I have almost finished all of our Christmas shopping, online of course.

I have begun working on Christmas project-gifts and cards.

I have never, ever done this much for others in my entire life.

I remember, vaguely, that I used to spend time lying on the couch, reading.

I am not particularly resentful. Which is surprising, in a vague and quiet sort of way.

Activity breeds activity, it seems.



Counter

Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment